There are many reasons to temporarily fast or abstain from foods:
- We can fast because we want to hear YHWH's Leading and Direction better
- We can fast because we need YHWH's defense and protection in battle
- We can fast because we need Yahweh's help in times of calamity or disaster
- We can fast because we need YHWH's help to reach a spiritual or emotional breakthrough in some area
- We can fast to benefit our physical health.
Whatever the reason that we choose to give YHWH a free will offering of fasting, Messiah was very clear that our attitudes and our behavior during fast has an effect on whether or not our fasting will be granted, (Matthew 6: 16-18; Isaiah 58). So, when we fast or give Yahweh any kind of free will offering, our attitudes and behaviors need to be correct. In this video, we are looking at Messiah's Instruction when we choose to fast on to YHWH.